3.21.2009

Cats and guerrillas



While house/cat-sitting this week, I spent a bit of time importing some music into my iTunes -- much of it 80's pop and rock. A good deal of that is stuff I've gotten on vinyl but hadn't until now bothered to track down digital versions. One of the things I imported was Darwin's Theory Of Pelvic Revolution by Urban Guerrillas -- a fairly obscure Minneapolis new-wave-ish band from the early-80's. My friends Kelly and Laura, who I am house/cat-sitting for, introduced me to them many, many years ago -- probably somewhat around the previous time I house-sat for them (which was, I believe, the summer of 1997). The album was not, to my knowledge, ever released on CD -- the copy I imported was a rip of the vinyl. Speaking of which, I was so overjoyed at being reminded about this band that I had to see if anyone had a copy of the vinyl on Ebay -- and indeed there were a few floating around. I managed to find one cheap one, so we'll see what the condition is like when it shows up in the mail sometime this week. Someone remind me that I need to pester my friend (and fellow midwesterner and music geek) if he remembers these guys. I'm willing to bet he does.

UPDATED: Here's the link to download the whole album.

"Repetition" by Urban Guerrillas

"Sex Beat" by Urban Guerrillas

3 comments:

j. amadeus markley said...

thanks for the tracks. i wish more people posted songs. all those leechers who never contribute. fuck em........

Ben said...

If you dig those, I can get you the rest of the album. I have such a soft spot for this kind of stuff.

¡Tony! said...

Thats good stuff. Sorry I don't contribute. I'm too transient at the moment to seek out and indulge anything new. Step 1: Get a place. Step 2: Assess my condition. Step 3: Share.